Sunday, August 14, 2011

I've got a bracelet too. From, Sergeant, uh, uh, from the mother of, uh, Sergeant, Ryan David Jopek."?

I'm surprised more of you aren't talking about why McCain would even bring up the whole bracelet thing anyway? You guys should just look at the big picture. McCain brought it up to try to make Obama look like he was out of touch with military families and their concerns, and tried to imply that they all stood behind him. I thought the whole bracelet thing was completely unnecessary. Who doesn't have sympathy for the families who have lost loved ones in iraq and afghanistan? This whole exchange just serves to show that military families have these concerns: will my son/daughter's death be in vain if we pull out? and will my son/daughter ever come home safe? If you guys want to narrow your thinking further by focusing on a soundbite, go ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment