Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Torture Scene Idea (for Novella)?

You can't really go wrong with the hands. Run your finger lightly across your palm, then run it across the back of your hand, see how sensitive the palm is? Something hot or heavy on the hand would be horrible. Break a phalanx. Pull off the fingernails with pliers or insert nails under them. But if you really want to have the person freak out, you start with something very close to them, that they cannot avoid--the eyes or the ears. Put something hot in the ears, or let some sort of pinchy little animal crawl around in the c (crab, centipede). The sight of something approaching the eye is scary as hell. I got a splinter in the eye once and had to have it drilled into, while I was awake and had to hold myself against the drill with only my free will and the knowledge that if I moved I could lose it, and it was the scariest thing of my life. But the eyes are tougher than you'd think. The optometrist was telling me, to give me some courage, that one girl came in who had burned her eye on a hair curler (had been maneuvering to curl a piece and twisted her head so the iron hit her in the eye) and it healed over night. If somebody came at me with something sharp and shiny towards my eye, I would say anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment